Thursday, October 10, 2013

Explanation

This is the morning view from just outside the "Nido"... The sun is rising... In the east, just like in the Northern hemisphere.  :)


I forgot to explain why I chose to call this Blog "Puffy Jacket Paddling."  Well, often when I tell people what I do for a living and tell them that I've worked quite a bit in Patagonia as a sea kayaking instructor, their response is, "Isn't it summer down there? Must be nice to go from summer here to summer there!"  See, the thing is it is early spring here and therefore it's COLD here.  :)  Truth be told, it will warm up some eventually, but on the Patagonia coast where we do our kayaking it is fairly cool and wet year round, much like the Olympic Peninsula.  So, most of the places I've had the privilege of kayaking over the years are places that require a puffy jacket to be comfortable... And who doesn't want to be comfortable?  Anyway, there is no doubt my puffy jacket will get plenty of use down here this season.

Enjoying the warmth of the puffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment